I used to think I was bad at facing failure, but May was awesome and yet I have been avoiding looking at it. So much so that this – or pretty much any – post in June is 21 days late. I am not sure I even remember May at this point. Other than it was, in many aspects, too much for me even if I did prioritize off time quite a lot.
But I am bloody writing this today, even it the set of bulletin points seems waaay less fun than the previous two or three.
In May I:
- wrote about 1000 words of fiction
- wrote some mermaid flash
- took part in 2 orienteering races (and was not last in both of them! YAAAY!)
- had a bout of clothes buying online and managed to order 17 items without ordering a single one in the wrong size
- had a bout of serious anxiety about above, as was wondering what the universe was making up for exactly with that
- had a whirlwind SFeraKon, with panels and talks
- bought a pair of grown up, serious shoes
- had a childhood friend visit and stay for a couple of days, saw people I had not seen in years and just hung out
- got a workshop gig I will looove doing
- watched the 4th season of Lucifer and cried for a solid day
- watched iZombie and fell in love with Rob Thomas’ writing all over again
- re-read more of Charlie Stross Aliette de Boddard, but was in no mood for new fiction
- re-listened to some of old audiobooks
- could not bring myself to write reviews
- had a whole, stressful kid thing
- spent an average of 5 minutes per day on Instagram (hooray for hiring people!)
- cleaned a lot, a lot! but mostly the balcony
- managed to do very little swimming
- went to the Zoo two times
- walked in the rain, a lot and loved it, a lot (May was not hot!)
- did so much homework I want to barf
- missed Zagreb Coffee Break!
- went to a work related barbecue and had a lot of fun
- attended a teambuilding thing that involved running, hugging, charades and a mountain, and had a blast
- celebrated Dad’s 87 birthday
- finalized everything for this summer’s Worldcon & Eurocon trip to Ireland
- saw PICKACHU DETECTIVE with husband and son
- wrote and published 6 posts on Rantalica, most fannish stuff, and a lot of it about SFeraKon
- and on the last day of May discovered a new thing about myself that surprised me
And then June came waaaaay too soon. And will end the same way. Summer is here.