Images of stuff written in notebooks disappearing haunted my dreams while preparing this post. Not kidding. I had a feeling this past month that I was using all my time, all the time, to keep track of where I am and what I am doing. It was exhausting!
But I did get a lot done. At least I feel like I have, even if I have not yet looked at the numbers. Time still seems to be passing me by, be I awake or not. Also, some of the early April days were so warm and sunny, I felt really low – everyone wants to run outside and I only want to stay home and not be disturbed. Add allergies to that – mine, kid’s, husband’s – and April cruelty becomes real.
Here is last month’s list, give or take a few (and if I think of a large one, I will add it):
- wrote and published 13 posts on Rantalica, waaaay better than the minimum fou
- out of those, 3 were book reviews, of which I am very proud of because I so rarely manage to make myself do this
- wrote about 3000 words of fiction
- sang and played with my kid and walked in the woods a lot
- missed Eastercon, but attended Istrakon (where I managed to be late to my own panel)
- lost a job and a client, and was happy about it (one down, one to go)
- held 2 workshops, both of which successful, attended one I loved and designed half of one (finally, some progress!)
- re-read and read what I reviewed, and then some Charlie Stross and Aliette de Bodard and some short stories, and some Dune and some Alwyn Hamilton.
- spent an average of 5 minutes per day on Instagram (hooray for hiring people!)
- cleaned almost not at all
- watched Legends of Tomorrow (no idea why), re-watched Gilmore Girls and watched the new season, which meh, but then that ENDING! hilarious!
- managed to go to sauna three times a week
- also, I swam! I swam! (not as much as I should have, but still!)
- forgot about my novel with plot holes (so time to get on that now!)
- went on a weekend trip to Istria
- went to the Zoo two times
- got to spend almost enough time in Maksimir woods relaxing
- read 34 stories for Empress of the Damned Housework
- still: ate way too much (keto is a foreign word now)
- asparagus came, so I did cook some, and there was that barbecue with friends (I socialized!)
- managed to socialize outside of work, with friends!
My conclusion: I need to learn how to relax better.
May my May be better!